Everyone has seen those days when they are in the mood for some sexual activity, and then there are days when they don’t even think about it. However, if not being in the mood has become an everyday story for you, this can be a sign that you might have a desire disorder.
What is a desire disorder?
Desire disorder, which is also known as a hypoactive sexual disorder or HSSD, is a condition that causes a lack of sexual desire, activity, and thoughts or fantasies about sex that can cause sadness and leave you with a feeling of misery. In men, the symptoms of desire disorder can last for 6 months, which can be very depressing for your sexual life. Some people also suffer from sexual aversion disorder (SAD), which causes aversion to any sort of sexual contact with their significant other, for which they can seek medical help and contact the best sexologist in ludhiana.
How to identify that you have sexual desire?
The symptoms of the disorder can help the doctor identify the condition. They may ask you a few things like:
- Is your desire lower than it used to be?
- Does lack of desire cause you distress?
- Is the lack of libido or physical activity causing problems in your relationship?
The symptoms of desire disorder may be as follows:
- Lack of Libido
- Lack of interest in sexual fantasies and thoughts
- Escaping any kind of sexual activity or genital contact with your significant other.
- The thought of sex causes you discomfort and distress.
One of the most important signs is distress caused by lack of libido and physical activity. However, if both you and your partner are not concerned about the lack of interest in a sexual activity, then it might not be a sexual desire disorder.
Your doctor might suggest you refrain from any medication or substance that may cause a lack of libido. They might also determine whether the cause of the lack of libido is due to mental health or a new physical relationship.
Men who are dealing with erectile dysfunction may need to seek an erectile dysfunction treatment in ludhiana. Your doctor may also test the level of testosterone as low testosterone can drop the interest in sexual activity.
Who gets desire disorder?
Desire disorder can affect both men and women individuals with any other gender. However, women are affected more by desire disorder than men.
According to research, the percentage of women and men that are affected by desire disorder is 32% in women and 15% in men. This means that this percentage of men and women experience a lack of libido that lasts for a number of months.
What are the causes of desire disorder?
Several physicals, as well as emotional conditions, can cause a lack of desire to have sexual intimacy. These are as follows:
- Chemical imbalance: Some of the brain chemicals known as neurotransmitters may be at a low level, which can lead to less interest in sexual activity and disrupt sexual functions.
- Mental health: stress, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, body image issues or a history of physical or sexual abuse.
- Relationship problems: constant fighting and arguing, disagreement, as well as lack of trust in your significant other.
- Sleeping problem: too exhausted to indulge yourself in any sexual activity.
- Sex hormones: insufficient levels of sex hormones such as testosterone and thyroid hormone that are responsible for evoking interest in sex. Another reason could be menopause in women.
- Side effects of medication: Anti-anxiety medication, antidepressant medication, antipsychotic medication, pain treatments, blood pressure medicine, chemotherapy and cancer drugs that suppress hormones.
- Gastrointestinal issues: Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel disease (IBS) or the medication that is used to treat these conditions.
- Other physical issues: diabetes, multiple sclerosis, urinary incontinence, thyroid disease, heart disease, Cushing’s disease, Addison’s disease, temporal lobe brain lesions, stroke, HIV, and kidney failure.
- Motherhood: pregnancy, labor, delivery of the baby or breastfeeding.
- Age: loss of interest or lack of libido due to increasing age.
These are the causes of lack of libido that affect your sex life and cause you distress. You must visit the best sexologist in ludhiana in order to enhance your desire for sexual activity and experience the pleasure that everyone deserves.